Thursday, April 17, 2008

picnics and playgrounds










I am not a very fussy mom, except when it comes to what my kids eat. I love for them to eat good food. However, I will have to wait for the day that I will discuss dinner with my boys in terms of the quality of the vegetables and not the actually quantity that they are required to eat. For now, I have to content myself with my kid's eating their food in good locations. Picnics can be disastrous or fabulous. I have ventured two picnics in two weeks with my boys and they have both been nearly fabulous. I am not sure that I should attempt a third. It seems that luck may run out on me. We've been experiencing some schizophrenic weather in Norfolk these days. 70F one day and 45F the next. I took advantaged of two of these beautiful days to picnic. Of course I brought huge lunches and good food (which the boys mostly ate.) However, Carter mooshed some carrots and sliced turkey on the ground and happily let yogurt ooze out of his mouth onto his shirt. Robert jumped up and down with his carrot sticks just thrilled that I let him have a juice box. Today was my first time at Redgate Park in West Ghent. It is a great little park. I always forget sunscreen. I did get a little sun on one side of my face.

No comments: